Sunday, November 1, 2009

Crochet Earrings and Bracelet

I have fallen hard for crochet.  The idea of crochet earrings was too good of an idea to pass up so I spent some time making these.  I used copper colored Lydia's crochet thread #10.  I am toying with the idea of a necklace too.

I am still a newbie to crochet.  So far I've been enjoying it immensely.


These are the earrings.  I am going to make these in red too.

This is the bracelet.  I followed a pattern provided by the uber-talented Creative Yarn.

Now I did change the pattern a little bit to fit my own preferences.  I did the first one as her pattern described and didn't like all of the petals so I shortened it to six petals which is the design I used for the earrings too.  I used the eight petal one with the bracelet, then a six petal one, and then a five petal one.  It kind of decreases as it goes.  I sewed those together and made small attached pieces that I sewed to the flower and added the button for a clasp.  


I love the texture.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment